2020 has challenged our economy, our health and our resolve, and shown that the world is not as inclusive as we’d hoped. But there are startups who are creating a world where inclusion is experienced by all, with a focus on solving problems for the one in five people globally with a disability.
Now is the time to acknowledge, recognise and celebrate those achieving remarkableness across the nation in harnessing the power of technological innovation to drive the inclusion of people with disability.
We want you to nominate (or self-nominate) your Remarkable Australian startup for 2020! They should be startups creating leading technological innovation to drive the inclusion of people with disability.
Nominate for your Remarkable Australian by filling in this form and tell us:
- why this startup should be Remarkable Australian startup;
- about the team, mission and how they achieve this; and
- about their plans for the future and how the ecosystem can help!
Nominations will close at midnight (AEDT) 14 October 2020.
Nominations must be:
- Startups who address core activities such as wellbeing, independence and inclusion or drive innovation in the disability sector
- Startups can be pre-revenue or revenue-generating
- Australian based.
*Excluding startups with an existing relationship with Remarkable and/or Cerebral Palsy Alliance (that’s because we already know you are Remarkable).
A finalist from each state and territory will be invited to Remarkable Pitchfest on Wednesday, October 21 6.10 pm - 7.00 pm AEDT during Spark Festival, to pitch to a live audience (you and many more) for a chance to win some remarkable prizes!
- Crowned 2020 Remarkable Australian
- A 30-minute consultation with leaders from the Cerebral Palsy Alliance New Business Team. Cerebral Palsy Alliance is a global leader in disability services, global research and technology innovation.
- A 30-minute consultation with the Director of the Impact Angel Group - Impact Investment Group, a leading Australian impact investment funds manager.
- A 90-minute brand strategy workshop with Kate Jenkins, Director of Be Your Brand. Be Your Brand is a consultancy that works in collaboration with clients to define and build purpose-driven personal and organisational brands.
- A 30-minute online consultation with Emily Rich, Managing Director of Microsoft for Startups, ANZ. Microsoft for Startups is a support program for early and scale-up stage tech startups which includes technical training, mentoring and discounts on tools and services.
- From the remarkable people at Digital Creators (DC), a compressive (and exciting) 2 Week Impact Program. The package is valued at $19,000 and includes 2 x workshops; 2 x sessions 1-on-1 with Ben Reid, MD & CPO of DC; 2 x sessions 1-on-1 with DC stream lead; pricing review and recommendations; growth strategy session and DC's own Miro and Google Sheet desirability, viability and feasibility templates.
- A 6-month plan to Digivizer platform including standard in-platform support, one “Digivizer digital marketing masterclass” and 3 marketing support sessions. Digivizer is Australia's leading social technology company.
The 7 finalists will be notified by 15 October and must be available to pitch on Wednesday 21 October 6.10 pm - 7.00 pm (AEDT).
This Pitchfest is run by Remarkable, Australia's first accelerator for early-stage startups creating technology to positively impact life for people with disability.
#RemarkableAustralians #BeRemarkable #DisabilityTech